If you have been following my series on Bali you would know I spent twenty days exploring the island and it’s nearby counterparts in search of all of the best adventures. After day fifteen, although I had been to all of the best beach clubs, resorts and other hotspots, I kinda felt like I still hadn’t gotten a complete view of the island. All of that stuff was ‘nice’, but very much an Australian developed part of the island. I wanted a more authentic experience and to know what happens behind the scenes. Enter Sharing Bali – the simple luxury Bali health retreat with a truly authentic Balinese experience.
I was in complete bliss the whole week – you stay in beautifully restored Balinese bungalows which are unlike any hotel in Bali – forget boring white linen, loud air conditioners and mini bars – these are the real deal.
Most days started with a one and a half hour session starting at 6.30am with trainer Dave Biondo using our own body weight, coconuts for kettlebells and fences made of bamboo for climbing.
During the week we did a whole range of adventures including:
- A trek through the rice fields and jungles with lunch served from a jungle hut.
- Bike ride through the villages with Luwak coffee tasting and a visit through an authentic Balinese home.
- Waking up at 3am one morning for a hike up the volcano Mount Batur for a sunrise breakfast followed by a lovely morning at Toya Hot Springs.
- An afternoon with dinner luxuriating at Jungle Fish pool and resort.
- Balinese cooking class where we made all of the delicious Sharing Bali dishes.
- An intensive ab workshop with Dave and a gentle yoga class with a local tutor.
30% OFF ANY 2016 SHARING BALI HEALTH RETREAT!
Terms and conditions:
30% off Sharing Bali retreats 2016 – click here to view retreats.
Usual retreat terms and conditions apply (included on every retreat itinerary).
Not valid with any other offer.
Not transferable or redeemable for cash.
Retreats are guaranteed to run once minimum numbers are reached.
Expires: 2nd February, 2016.
To claim the discount:
Simply email Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the code: BLISS.