You may have seen in my anyway you like it post the delicious looking chipotle chips. Well my friend have I got a treat for you – yes you can have the recipe.
Poor potatoes have gotten a bad rep of late – first with all the carb accusations, now they’re not fit to be Paleo – poor potato!
Don’t worry though because I’ll love it on the behalf of those who don’t.
The trick to crunchy anything is not over crowding. If you put too many potatoes on the tray they will steam and fail to crisp. Further, when turning them, make sure you ruffle them up a bit. Oil loves something to stick on!
jason’s famous chipotle fries
4 medium sized potatoes, cubed
1 heaped tablespoon G/F flour – I use spelt
1 teaspoon chipotle
2 tablespoons oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 170 degrees.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, paprika in a bowl.
- Add the potatoes and mix to coat.
- Put potatoes in a sieve and shake off any excess flour.
- Lay out on a baking tray in a single layer.
- Drizzle over oil.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, turning every 10-15 minutes.
- Chips are done when they are crispy and golden – if they look a little dry then add a little more oil.
Serve immediately as a side or with minted yoghurt on its own.