When I used to live in the city, tempting things were always close by. Siglo was definitely one of them – summer was made for rooftops, and there is nothing better to do on a rooftop but relax and have a drink. We used to be suckers for their espresso martinis, enjoyed of course with one of their fine cigars. Hey, when in Rome right?
Anyho, as you may have read, just because I’m now a teetotaler, doesn’t mean I’m sitting around with all that deprivation nonsense and having FOMO. No way, not my style. This is an espresso martini, Cat style. One you can enjoy any time of the day at the ‘sobar’ – if you wake up and drink this with breakfast, then no one will stop you – and is actually much advised!
- 5 medjool dates
- ½ cup blanched almonds, soaked if possible
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups plunger/percolated coffee
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 6-8 ice cubes
- To serve: 3 coffee beans (optional)
- 3-4 extra ice cubes per person
- Place everything in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour over ice in your favourite glassware
- Serve with 3 coffee beans on top